- Absence of Trust. Give your team a reason to trust you by communicating with them respectfully.
- Fear of Conflict. Pretending everything is cool is never a good idea. Try to keep arguments at a minimum but don’t be blissfully ignorant. Talk things out if there’s a disagreement. But be respectful.
- Lack of Commitment. It’s ok to disagree but it’s not ok to have a team that’s always two steps behind because not everyone’s on board.
- Avoidance of Accountability. Don’t blame your teammates for your slip-ups. Accepting your mistakes will eventually help you become a more valuable player.
- Inattention to Results. Team success is a reflection of personal success. It’s as simple as that. If you want to be a winner, you’ve got to put the team first.