If you’re an avid Bloodborne fan, you’ve no doubt been eagerly awaiting the release of the upcoming DLC The Old Hunters. Well, the wait is nearly over. Bloodborne: The Old Hunters will be released on November 24th, 2015. But before you get your ass beat over and over again in a world that would make H.P. Lovecraft and Bram Stoker proud, there are few things you need to know…
1. Today (November 20th, 2015), a 9GB patch was released to prepare for The Old Hunters DLC. According to a translation of the Japanese patch notes, the patch includes new a covenant, new co-op partners, an ancient summoning bell for chalice dungeons and more. Chalice dungeons are also getting some updates to their functionality. Find out exactly what you’re getting in the 9GB patch here .
Even if you are not planning to get the The Old Hunters DLC, the 9GB patch out today will bring various new features to the game for existing players. Thank you, Sony.
2. Players will have to jump through hoops to access the new content. To access the new areas that will push us to the brink of madness, we must: defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the altar in the back of the room to change the time to night; go to the Hunter’s Dream and get the Eye of a Blood-Drunk Hunter from a messenger; go to the Oedon Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square; go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event whih will then take you to the new area: The Hunter’s Nightmare. But with a name like that, maybe it’s for the best that we don’t go to the new area.
3. Two new weapons to be excited for: the Gatling gun and the Bloodletter.
4. Be on the look out for a new rune called The Beast’s Embrace. It boosts your transformation effects when holding a beast weapon, which will certainly come in handy.
5. Be very afraid of The Bell Holder…
Remember, if you pre-order the Bloodborne DLC before Tuesday, you’ll get a free exclusive PS4 theme.
Best of luck, Hunters!