Microsoft snapped up the latest Game Informer cover reveal and the US magazine has first dibs on a raft of details for the upcoming Gears of War 4. This is what we know about the game right now:
- Gears of War 4 is set 25 years after the events of Gears of War 3 and features three new playable characters, one of whom is Marcus Fenix’s son.
- The three playable characters (seen above) are from left to right: Delmont “Del” Walker, JD Fenix and Kait Diaz.
- JD Fenix is the game’s primary protagonist. He is described as an idealist who ran away from home to join the COG militia but goes AWOL after a classified incident we’ll learn more about once we play the game.
- JD Fenix is voiced by Liam McIntyre, whom you may know as Weather Wizard from The Flash.
- Del Walker is an ex-COG soldier who became friends with JD at boarding school and is voiced by Eugene Byrd, who recently played Marcus “Boomer” Boone in Battlefield Hardline.
- Kait Diaz’s relation to the other characters is not yet known but she is voiced by Laura Bailey, who voiced Jaina Proudmoore in World of Warcraft.
- The Coalition, Gears of War 4’s developer, is trying to bring the series back to its “dark, horror-themed roots.”
- Two player couch co-op is confirmed.
- There’s a new “close-cover melee system” that’s also been confirmed.
Watch the exclusive Game Informer Gears of War 4 trailer below.
What do you think of Gears of War 4? Let us know in the comments!