New gameplay and story details for Mass Effect Andromeda have leaked on Reddit, potentially revealing new enemies, squad and main character details.
A couple of users on Reddit recently posted a number of leaks from the upcoming game from a source who is allegedly familiar with an early build. None of this information has been verified bu BioWare or EA so please take this information with a grain of salt. For what it’s worth, the mods on the Mass Effect subreddit have verified the source’s proof but requested that someone else post the sensitive material, fearing they would be identified.
Here is a handy round-up of the Mass Effect Andromeda details leaked on reddit:
- The player can have 2 squad mates like before. A human blonde and a Krogan were mentioned specifically by the leaker.
- All squad mates will come with jetpacks to help aid in exploration.
- Omnitool has more functionality including a combat shield.
- Character facial features and models will be much more detailed than before.
- Cover is now fully destructible thanks to the Frostbite engine.
- The Normandy ship is definitely toast and will not be returning.
- Potential Mako customization.
- The main character may be referred to as the Pathfinder, fitting with the theme of finding a new home in the galaxy. The player character will also have their own quarters section on the ship.
- The old galaxy map will be replaced by a new ship travel system where players manually fly the ship.
- Enemies are described as a bipedal cross between Vorcha and the Collectors.
- Non-human enemies were described as dropping into combat from Cerberus ships.
- One of the antagonists is a human soldier with armour similar to the main character but without the N7 insignia.
We here at GameAddik have been skeptical as to whether or not BioWare’s Mass Effect Andromeda would work without the presence of Commander Shepard’s story arc. However, now that we know we can fly the ship ourselves and fly around with jetpacks when we’re on the ground, we think the game is going to do just fine.
BioWare is taking its time with Mass Effect Andromeda. They plan to introduce a whole new cast of characters, a brand new story and an all new lead character to deliver what they are hoping to be “the biggest Mass Effect game” to date. Aside from the Mass Effect Andromeda details that were leaked above, the only thing we knew about the game was that it features a human protagonist who may or may not be named Ryder/Rider. The story is said to take place after the events of the trilogy inside of the Andromeda galaxy, the Milky Way’s closest neighbour.
Mass Effect Andromeda is currently scheduled for a late 2016 release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
What do you guys think of these leaked details? Should we believe anything they say?