Star Trek: Alien Domain
Title: Star Trek: Alien Domain
Publisher: GameSamba/CBS Interactive
Star Trek: Alien Domain is the latest free online game set in the Star Trek universe. Set several years after the events of Star Trek: Voyager, players take on the role of a Federation or Klingon captain trapped in the unexplored realm of fluidic space, an extra-dimensional realm which contains no stars or other detectable stellar bodies, only a type of organic fluid.
But this organic fluid-filled vacuum isn’t without its fair share of threats for gamers looking to captain their own starships. New hostile creatures and species–including Species 8472–are looking to make you their prey. Players must use strategy to create colonies and lead their fleets to victory against enemy forces.
Stark Trek: Alien Domain‘s gameplay is primarily focused on the establishment and growth of player-controlled colonies and fleets, but the game also features PvP modes as well as single player trials such as Elite Mode and Boss Fights. Though Star Trek Online remains the most immersive Star Trek experience, Star Trek: Alien Domain‘s base building and space combat is simple and engaging enough that it will satisfy Trekkies and possibly even convert a couple of casual fans into hardcore ones.
PROS AND CONS
- Star Trek: Alien Domain has no shortage of content thanks to its many different game modes.
- Interface is intuitive and easy.
- Fans get to explore one of the most underrated parts of the Star Trek franchise in fluidic space.
- If you have ever played a free-to-play MMORTS, you already know this game inside and out.
- Game is prone to server lag and glitches.
- Bland graphics.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Up-to-date web browser.