Platform: Microsoft Windows
Developer: Bluehole Studio
Publisher: EN Masse
Bored of the typical MMO formula? TERA (aka The Exiled Realm of Arborea) might be the breath of fresh air you’ve been waiting for. TERA is an explosion of action-packed party play that has finally put an end to the monotonous point-and-click combat of previous MMORPG’s. Instead, combat requires skill, positioning, timing and aim to be successful.
With seven races, eight classes and a ton of customization, had TERA been released in 2004 and rewritten the MMO rulebook instead of WoW, who knows what incredible immersive games we’d have at our disposal now. Oh well, at least we have TERA now.
PROS AND CONS
- Being given the choice of controlMouse and keyboard or PC-compatible console controller! It’s your choice!
- Stunning visualsColourful vistas, detailed character models, jaw-dropping views. Well done, Bluehole.
- The combatOh my goodness. Where do we even begin? It moves quickly and you get the same gratification from disembowelling baddies as you would in an action game. Except…it’s a MMORPG?
- CustomizationYou could spend days creating characters.
- Repetitive!While the Bluehole team behind TERA managed to fix one of the glaring problems of MMORPGs (i.e. the combat), they forgot to fix the repetitive quests that always make it impossible for us to stick with an MMORPG for very long! If only they could have had more variety to the quests then it could have revolutionized the genre.
Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP (32 bit only), Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (latest service pack)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or Intel Core2 Duo E6750 2.66G
RAM: 2 GB or greater
HDD: 50 GB of hard drive space (25 GB to download, 25 GB to unpack)